|How old is Al's Wait and Eat?
1. How old is Al's Wait and Eat?Al's Wait and Eat was first posted on the net around the date of June 10, 1998; about ten months after the ReBoot fandom bug bit. So Al's is almost four years old and still going strong.
2. Why did you pick Al's Wait and Eat?Well, at the time I wanted to start a ReBoot fan site back in 1997, there were a lot of things already taken; Kits Sector by Zen, Dot's Ultimate ReBoot Page (now Julia's ReBoot Corner), Dot's Diner by AnnaIsh, Clearsky's ReBoot Archive etc. Practically everyplace and ReBoot character's name I could think of was taken.
Except Al's Wait and Eat. I thought "Perfect! It's just like Dot's but a completely different location." That's how my site Al's came about.
3. Why in the Net would you pick Al's Waiter as a Web Alias?Since I had Al's Wait and Eat, I figured that it would only make sense to pick a character from Al's. And as Al only said "What?" I decided on Al's Waiter; serving up things to do while you waited for Al to bring your food.
4. When are you going to finish "Power Surge" (or any other fic for that matter)?Even though I haven't hardly touched "Power Surge" in about a year (sad but true), I have no intention of letting it die. I know how it's going to end, I just can't find the time to sit down and write it. Or if I am in fact sitting down, I don't have the inspiration to start writing. I intened to finish all my fics that I start, I just have to get in the mood to write.
5. Why do you share a brain with MG and how did this come about?It all started four years ago in irc #reboot undernet chat, when I first met the funny, and insane MG of "a minor glitch" (which hadn't started yet at that time either).
I think we started talking about our love of the Muppets and the back then newly released "Muppets Fairy Tales". As we talked about the Rumplstilskin and both of us (at the same time) mentioned the crazy weasel in the song "Gotta Get That Name." Then we told each other (at the same time) to "Stop repeating everything I say". Then "Get out of my head." It escalated from there and we realized that we had a tonne of stuff in common. So, we concluded that we shared a brain.
The rest is history!
6. Why are you a blue elf for your avatar and not a binome like your name sake?For the first two and a half years, yes I "was" a binome. But I really like the sprites better (yeah I know I'm just like everyone else), so just for fun I drew "AW" as a random renegade guardian - mailing list fun that is (picture is in the art gallery).
Then after reading Lord of the Rings in the summer of 2001, I started to really like elves, so I just added pointy ears to the guardian and did my first art picture of him for my "no spoiler" campain waiting for S4... and started getting fan art of him. Go figure!
If I feel like it, I am the binome, but sometimes I feel like being taller and blue.
7. What's with you and "I'm a Tugboat, call me Mel!"?
LOL! Yeah. Okay. I have to blame Bounce for this one. Way back when I first got my poll, Bounce told me to put as an option her favourite quote from the cartoon Freakazoid; "Sing the lyrics of 'I'm a Tugboat, call me Mel'. Try it!" So, I did. And then she made me promise to put that as an option in ever poll after that...
So it's her fault. Even when one time I didn't put that as an option, she was the one to suggest in in the suggestion box. I love her to bits, but sometimes I wonder about her. ;)
8. Do you like cheese?
I LOVE cheese! Thanks for asking!
Do you have a question that you'd like answered? E-Mail me.